Re: F20 System Wide Change: No Default Sendmail

On Seg, 2013-07-15 at 14:17 -0400, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>

> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Sérgio Basto wrote:
>         On Seg, 2013-07-15 at 12:11 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
>
>         > So, with this change, you don't have to remove sendmail
>         first. That's not a
>         > huge benefit, but there you go. :)
>

>         In others words , NONE !
>
> Not true.  Sendmail by default isn't something that is useful for
> Fedora users in general and those who need a MTA can install it
> later.

Is useful to deliver mails send by cronjobs , as discussed in others
emails of this thread and or we have a good replace for cronjobs ,
logwatch etc , or I not agree with remove sendmail of defaults.

> Less resource usage, less disk space wasted (yes, this does matter for
> various users still including but not limited to cloud and minimal
> servers)
Like many others things , I don't think is a valid argument.

> and  users wouldn't have to deal with long term sendmail issues like
> severe bootup delay to a minor network misconfiguration

As you state when we have network misconfiguration , so at least is
useful to detect this problem ;-)
Best regards,
--
Sérgio M. B.