Re: F20 System Wide Change: No Default Sendmail

On Seg, 2013-07-15 at 10:36 +0200, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> Most MUAs we ship (especially those we install by default) do not
> deliver to a
> local MTA anyway but rather include an SMTP client. Usually, they will
> not
> pick up mail delivered to local users. This means that unless the user
> knows
> about local mail and takes steps to receive local mail addressed to
> root, such
> messages are likely to be ignored.

> On top of that, sendmail has always been a quite surprising choice for
> an MTA,

not for me , my choice is qmail (which now is FOSS)

> as most administrators tend to prefer mail systems such as Postfix or
> Exim
> these days, and Sendmail appears to be quite arcane to most.

not for me,

> Administrators should install the MTA of their choice after
> installation (or
> via kickstart) and sendmail should not be the default anymore.

and what is the benefit ?

I also don't agree with state: many distros already change or don't have
any. Debian change to exmin , which, in my opinion, is a much worse
choice.

Sendmail rocks since 90s :)

Sorry for my weak English , I don't write well even in my own language.

--
Sérgio M. B.