Re: what is the F19 way to disable ipv6?

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 12:05:56PM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
> On 2013-07-15 11:37 (GMT-0400) Neil Horman composed:
>
> >If you really don't want to see ipv6 sockets, you need to use the ipv6.disable
> >kernel command line option.
>
> Maybe the problem is that
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/networking/ipv6.txt
> explicitly contains no such option? Reading there, to me it looks
> like ipv6.disable is a module config option, not a cmdline option.
> Does using disable_ipv6=0 on cmdline work better?
All module options can be specified on the kernel command line (see the top of
kernel-parameters.txt):

The following is a consolidated list of the kernel parameters as implemented
(mostly) by the __setup() macro and sorted into English Dictionary order
(defined as ignoring all punctuation and sorting digits before letters in a
case insensitive manner), and with descriptions where known.

Module parameters for loadable modules are specified only as the
parameter name with optional '=' and value as appropriate, such as:

        modprobe usbcore blinkenlights=1

Module parameters for modules that are built into the kernel image
are specified on the kernel command line with the module name plus
'.' plus parameter name, with '=' and value if appropriate, such as:

        usbcore.blinkenlights=1

This facilitates specifying these options on boot when modules are built in.
Neil