Re: F20 System Wide Change: No Default Syslog

Le Lun 15 juillet 2013 13:23, Lennart Poettering a écrit :
> On Mon, 15.07.13 11:11, Miroslav Suchý (msuchy@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Hence, the choice between "journal by default + syslog optional" and
> "journal optional + syslog by default" does not exist. The choice
> between "journal by default + syslog by default" and "journal by default
> + syslog optional" however does.
>
> But anyway, I'd still like to hear the technical reasoning for the
> opinion you expressed.

IMHO it is way too early to switch of syslog, as systemd+syslog hosed
systems a few weeks ago, so the reliability of the systemd parts is
anything but proven so far. And I'm quite sure there are scores of nasty
surprises to find yet. For example, systemd still does not like being
updated by yum, and I'm pretty sure no one looked at the journal parts
when that happens.

--
Nicolas Mailhot