Re: F20 System Wide Change: No Default Syslog

> Because you are able to read txt file with *anything*. But you are not
> always able to read binary files. Because journalctl is not available.

It's true that if you want to debug/fix your Fedora system from a LiveCD, and the only available LiveCD you have around is a non-systemd distribution, it will be much easier to access plain text files logs than work with journalctl binary files.

It would be easier if systemd was available anywhere, but we're not there yet.