Re: F20 Self Contained Change: SDDM as the default KDE DM

On Thu, 11 Jul 2013 15:26:14 +0200, Lennart Poettering <mzerqung@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

BTW, I have some more multi-seat hardware to give away to folks who want
to add true automatic multi-seat to stuff like display managers.

It's a USB box that will give you an VGA/DVI port + audio, plus
connectors for kbd/mouse. So you just need to connect a display, mouse
and keyboard to it, and then plug it into your existing machine and
should have a second seat wihout any configuration. This works
out-of-the-box for GNOME/gdm systems. If you guys want to make this work
for KDE too, then I can pass you that hardware. It's free, you can keep
it, but I'd preferably like to send this to Europe only.

It's hardware you can use to implement this stuff:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/multiseat/

(This offer stands for everybody who hacks on things like this,
regardless which desktop environment you hack on.)

Lennart

Thanks for the offer! Even though I'd love to have the device for my personal use, it won't be necessary. I have borrowed one of the devices in our office to write basic multi-seat support for KDM, so you can distribute it to other folks who'd want to add the support to other DMs.