Re: F20 Self Contained Change: SDDM as the default KDE DM

On Thu, 11.07.13 12:34, Martin Briza (mbriza@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> >= Proposed Self Contained Change: SDDM as the default KDE display manager
> >instead of KDM =
> >https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/SDDMinsteadOfKDM
> >
> >Change owner(s): Martin Briza <mbriza@xxxxxxxxxx> and KDE SIG

BTW, I have some more multi-seat hardware to give away to folks who want
to add true automatic multi-seat to stuff like display managers.

It's a USB box that will give you an VGA/DVI port + audio, plus
connectors for kbd/mouse. So you just need to connect a display, mouse
and keyboard to it, and then plug it into your existing machine and
should have a second seat wihout any configuration. This works
out-of-the-box for GNOME/gdm systems. If you guys want to make this work
for KDE too, then I can pass you that hardware. It's free, you can keep
it, but I'd preferably like to send this to Europe only.

It's hardware you can use to implement this stuff:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/multiseat/

(This offer stands for everybody who hacks on things like this,
regardless which desktop environment you hack on.)

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.