Re: F20 System Wide Change: ARM as primary Architecture

On 07/10/2013 10:12 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
As I said elsewhere in the thread, the criteria should be subsidiary to
the primary arch designation. If we decide we want to take ARM as a
primary arch in any form in which the current release criteria don't
apply, we should amend the release criteria.

In context I was just providing some background information: as the
criteria currently stand, KDE and GNOME are the release blocking
desktops. (Technically that in itself isn't really an aspect of the
release criteria; it's Fedora status quo that predates the current form
of the release validation process).

Yeah, it seems like a foregone conclusion that release criteria would need to be modified. I don't think the current proposal includes this, but perhaps it should. Realistically what's going to be needed is some form of granularity on "primary". At first blush I like the idea of a "primary server" and "primary desktop" designation (maintaining a unified build system) but haven't thought the full consequences through.

--
Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc@xxxxxxxxxx