Re: status of ghostscript

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

I don't know the ESP people, but from my POW their fork could easily
turn into something like the ximian oo.o fork (ie a staging area where
distros pool patches instead of reinventing the wheel in their little
linux corner and massively duplicating efforts).

Of course I may be horribly wrong;)

the big trouble is AFPL upstream code is not under GPL license so it's impossible to merge patches into it. And the only one option is to maintain an external patch(or repository) as Fedora or ESP are doing. And doing sync with new GPL releases.

Or a _real_ fork.

--
Hello, this is Darl McBride, and I pronounce Linux as UNIX.