Re: Soname bump libpng (rawhide) - new libraries libpng.16.so and libpng16.so.16.2.0

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 15:29:07 +0200,
  Petr Hracek <phracek@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That's my misunderstanding. I thought that in side tag compat package
will not be needed.

All packages will be build up against new libpng package in side tag.
Why compat package will be needed? Is there any reason?

I think what Peter is suggesting is that there is no good order to do the rebuilds in because libpng is needed by the packages used to rebuild packages. So as soon as the new libpng is being used (with a compat version), the build root won't be installable, so you won't be able to do any more builds. With many libraries this wouldn't be the case.