Re: Question about "what to do if mantainer is absent"

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 7:56 PM, Michael Catanzaro
<mike.catanzaro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> You can even now also mention in your bug that you are a packager and
>> would be willing to co-maintain. Not everyone would be interested, but
>> I suspect a lot of maintainers would be happy for the help and would
>> add you to make your change.
>
> Yes, but I usually just want to submit the one fix and not co-maintain
> -- we all help out as we're able. :)

You can always drop the co-maintainership after you've got the ACLs
and done your work :)

Speaking for myself, if I see someone's contributed a good patch in
Bugzilla, I'd much sooner add them as a co-maintainer (even if it's
just temporary) than have the entire Fedora project become a
free-for-all.

- Ken