Re: Question about "what to do if mantainer is absent"

On 05/14/2013 09:09 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
You can even now also mention in your bug that you are a packager and would be willing to co-maintain. Not everyone would be interested, but I suspect a lot of maintainers would be happy for the help and would add you to make your change

Yes assuming they see it. If I am not responding to a bug within a few days, it is possibly because I haven't caught on my bug mails and sometimes I am weeks behind. I am happier if the person requesting the change just do it especially if it is a obvious or easy change and I wouldn't mind at all but that is only possible now if that person is a provenpackager. We used to allow every packager to commit changes but that didn't work out very well in the past. Perhaps it is time to revisit it though the github model is very very popular and I suspect adopting something like that would bring more drive by contributions.

Rahul