Re: Q: webfonts:

On 05/05/2013 11:40 AM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le Dim 5 mai 2013 10:19, Alec Leamas a écrit :

This seems to mean that we force web applications to exclude IE version
8  (and older) clients. As this seems to be a widely used IE version
today, is this really the way to go?
It seems to be a case of Fedora being first and Microsoft being last :p

In my specific case openerp7, a business server application often used
in company environments, the IE8- share is probably larger than average.
It's certainly the most common client used at many sites.
Are you sure it works well in IE8 at all? Because there are lots of other
reasons a modern web site will fail in old ie versions
Double checking... and you're right, openerp only supports IE 9+.

Which means that I could indeed go for using ttf/otf only. Other folks might have interest in this, don't know, but as fas as I am concerned this resolves some loose ends.

I'm still not convinced that it makes sense to package a font like zocial like a regular desktop font (leaving legal issues aside here). There is also the case when a package contains both a webfont and a desktop font (with different ttf files). Something like a /usr/share/fonts/webfonts for fonts packaged solely as a web static resource
might possibly be a solution, I guess (?)

--alec