Re: Idea: "{Gnome,KDE,Xfce,...} Minimal Desktop" groups

On 30.04.2013 11:38, Kalev Lember wrote:
On 29/04/13 16:58, Sandro Mani wrote:
On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Rich Mattes wrote:
On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Sandro Mani wrote:
So, what about creating groups for the various desktop
environments which pull in basesystem + xorg + mesa drivers +
displaymanager + bare desktop shell?
Do the groups already provided in comps.xml[1] not work for this task?
Well, those groups are not exactly minimal.
We already have one set of minimal desktop functionality defined by the
critical path groups. There are groups for GNOME, KDE, LXDE, XFCE. I am
not sure how much they cover for other desktops, but the GNOME critical
path group should (hopefully) be enough to bring up a minimal Shell.