Re: Idea: "{Gnome,KDE,Xfce,...} Minimal Desktop" groups

On 29.04.2013 20:42, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 07:49:23PM +0200, Sandro Mani wrote:
I would define minimal as the absolute minimal set of packages which
allows the shell to load. This resulting setup is not meant to be
usable without the user installing additional packages he or she
wishes. So such groups would not be meant for "normal" users
(whatever that means), but for developers and power-users which want
to build up their setup from the bottom up.
How about a lightweight desktop environment (it would just come with
twm/fvwm or similar plus a terminal - I'm sure this exists already)?
Does it need to be a minimal GNOME or KDE?

Rich.

I think that would correspond more or less to the basic-desktop group which already exists? But no, my idea would be to provide a foundation for a setup based on Desktop Environment XY.