Re: Keeping old versions of packages

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 12:24:58 -0400
John.Florian@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I was thinking there had been some xz integration recently.  Maybe
> that was with the delta rpm support.  I don't follow that though
> since we have a local mirror, there's not much point in rsycing,
> storing, etc. the deltas.

There's a rel-eng ticket to enable xz compressed repodata:
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5362

Basically yum and friends should be able to handle it fine, but
createrepo doesn't default to it, so out repos would be different from
most everyone elses. This didn't happen for f19, but perhaps we could
enable it for rawhide...

kevin