Re: Keeping old versions of packages

Am 09.04.2013 14:27, schrieb Matthew Miller:
> On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 10:10:26AM +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
>> I'm wondering what the interest would be in keeping packages
>> referenced in metadata on the mirrors for say a month? We'd probably
>> need a separate fedora-security repo too that's designed to be kept
>> small enough so that metadata checks every day would be not costly in
>> terms of bandwidth and time.
>> If anyone is interested in doing this, you'd be awesome. Thanks.
>
> I've heard of a plan in development about batching non-critical updates into
> monthly sets. It seems like these two things could go together

a terrible idea for a distribution with a new release all 6 months
if i want monthly pacthdays i use Microsoft or Oracle

you can hardly classify which bug is for which user critical!

depends often on the workload and currect jobs and the cirtical
apllication wheer a bug will hurt you much may change from project
to project

there are months where i would not care if LibreOffice does not
start at all and there are weeks where i need it all day long