Re: package, package2, package3 naming-with-version exploit

Dne 29.3.2013 02:09, Michael Scherer napsal(a):
Le jeudi 28 mars 2013 à 17:45 +0100, Vít Ondruch a écrit :

If this problem was put first time on the table in 2002,
then there already passed 10 years of excuses.
Or that in 10 years, we didn't found a proper solution that was
sustainable.

It is interesting to see
that our competition can do much more with our technology then we do.
Depend on what you define as "competition" and "our technology".
While this could be anything, I will assume that you are speaking of
debian, cause that's the only one that make sense to me.

This is what I am taking about:

http://www.devconf.cz/slides/mls-pkgmgmt2.pdf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNwNF19oFqM

They are using far more advanced techniques using RPM.

Yes, I am aware that it is slightly of-topic, but that was generic remark. The point is, they are trying, they probably also fails in certain areas, they have to make prototypes and throw them out, they have workaround missing features in RPM. But in comparison to Fedora, they are doing something. We just collecting ideas, brainstorming, we are afraid about security and so on. We are so afraid to fail that we rather do nothing.

Vít