Re: Unhelpful update descriptions

On 03/12/2013 08:17 PM, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
What is the point of the RPM changelog then?

RPM changelog is for packaging changes. Bodhi update notes are for the user. They are not merely redundant copies of the same information.

The last time I wanted to send a bodhi update, it gave me a transient file that I filled in, and then my ssh key was rejected for some reason, and I didn't have really want to deal with remembering what I wrote last time, so I wrote "new upstream release".

If an update is rejected for whatever reason, it is usually saved as a text file in the same folder and you can pass an argument to bodhi to reuse that

Rahul