Re: Default browser of FC3?

Panu Matilainen wrote:

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Ricardo Veguilla wrote:

Its pretty simple, here are the two scenarios:

a) I know what browser I want to use, (firefox, mozilla, konqueror or epiphany). Does it matter which one is default? No, I'll look for it, I know it exists, I know what is called, etc.
b) I don't know any browser. I just want to go to google.com or cnn.com or whatever. I click in the menu where it says Internet Browser, and I get a very simple browser....thats what epiphany was designed for.

So people who don't know better should be pointed to an inferior browser (well, any given application to perform some particular task)?

You might find it inferior because you are used to work with more advanced tools, but thats your point of view.
A new user might think different.

People are obsesed with making the most popular browser the default as if it really were a statement of what browser fedora user like. It is not, and it shouldn't, in my opinion.

Defaults should IMNSHO be about offering the best-of-breed applications to users.

Will you set openoffice/kword/abiword as the default application for "text" files? or gimp as the default app for opening images?

Regards,
Ricardo Veguilla