Re: Should MariaDB touch my.cnf in %post?

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <dennisml@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

> Also MySQL 5.6 gains some of its speed through commercial extensions (like
> e.g. the thread pool). Since these cannot be packaged in Fedora you will be
> able to make a better/more fair comparison between the two based on the
> same Platform (Fedora).

You mean non-Free Software extensions, right?  If so, please say so, or
say non Open Source, as you wish.  Saying "commercial" in this context
implies that Free Software cannot be used for commercial purposes, which
is not true.  AFAIK, MariaDB, which is completely Free Software is also
distributed for the commercial purposes of the companies that fund its
development.

Sorry if I appear pedant on this, but I jump each time I see this
Commercial/Free Software confusion.

Thanks.

--
		Dodji