Re: Request for a firewalld secondary DHCP + PXEBOOT HOWTO

On Feb 15, 2013 6:39 AM, "Aaron Gray" <aaronngray.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Pete,
>
> Yeah that's the easy bits, they need details too. The bit I have yet to find out how to do is to forward HTTPS and DNS ports between the primary internet network and the secondary DHCP BOOTP network on 192.168.1.x. I had this working on Shorewall but have taken the time to work it out on iptables or firewalld ideally and was hoping for a quick fix without having to reread iptables docs or learn firewalld configuration.
>
> Cheers for the link,
>
> Aaron

Port forwarding is simply and clearly documented in 'man firewall-cmd'. Unless you're looking for masquerading, which is easily done per the man page as well. I believe there are some firewalld docs in the works, fwiw.

Serving the installation repository from an outside network is a use case straying from the norm; I wouldn't consider the installation guide lacking because it does not document it.

--pete