Re: Request for a firewalld secondary DHCP + PXEBOOT HOWTO

On 7 February 2013 16:41, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 02/07/2013 04:23 PM, Aaron Gray wrote:
Can someone who knows firewalld please do a HOWTO to on setting up a secondary DHCP with DNS and HTTPS access for PXEBOOTing of Fedora18 please to go with the PXEBOOT HOWTO :-

Hope someone can help, I put I message on the User List but got no response.

Well what seems to be standards sysadmin practice with firewalld on servers is to disable it and enable iptables.

Firewalld is aimed at desktop users and roaming hardware which makes "zones" useless concept for static server within an corporate infrastructure.

So the missing steps for your guide simply are...

systemctl stop firewalld*
systemctl disable firewalld*
systemctl enable iptables.service
systemctl start iptables.service

Jóhann,

That's okay so far, sort of makes sense, but I though firewalld had equivalent functionality to iptables. Anyway I still need a HOWTO on setting up a secondary DHCP on a second Ethernet controller in order to run PXEBOOT.

Thanks for the reply anyway,

Aaron