Re: Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Miloslav Trmač <mitr@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 3:53 PM, Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> = Features/Cinnamon as Default Desktop =
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Cinnamon_as_Default_Desktop
>>
>> Feature owner(s): Eric Smith <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Most if not all packages are actually owned by Leigh Scott, who I
> haven't seen participate in the discussion in the feature.  Leigh,
> what do you think about the proposal?
>     Mirek
> --

If I may comment here, as someone who has been working with Leigh for
the past few months on various things.

Leigh's getting a kick out of it (this discussion) as far as I an tell
and I don't think he'd be opposed to it provided he actually had some
support besides upstream and myself. I didn't really do much except
watch Bugzilla and commits since I did his package review which was
stalled for 7+ months.

You see the Cinnamon/MATE community is pretty closely tied together.

FYI Cinnamon upstream the Linux Mint development team.

https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon

Linux Mint it is actually how I discovered both DEs.

I spoke with Clem Lefebvre (creator of Linux Mint) last night they
have a great upstream core of developers.

Thanks,
Dan