Re: Re: BuildRequires for texlive stuff for F18 and beyond

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 03:35:02PM -0500, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM, Mario Santagiuliana wrote:
> > In data sabato 26 gennaio 2013 23:55:34, Orcan Ogetbil ha scritto:
> >> But if I have a .tex file that needs 40 such requirements, I have to
> >> go through the above "fix" 40 times. Isn't there a way to launch yum
> >> to install all the requirements automatically when I run latex?
> >
> > I am not an expert of TeX or rpm macro. I hope to not write stupid things.
> > For me it is not a good solution try to build the package 40 times to found
> > all dependency...
> >
> > Is it not possible to create an rpm macro that can handle all TeX build
> > requirements?
> > Maybe this solution is not good because package could require a dependency
> > not packaged yet in Fedora, isn't?
> >

> My question is more about the basic usage of latex. As a latex user, I
> don't want to call yum 40 times just to compile my .tex file.

It's not that bad actually. I helped many people finding out proper
dependencies and just 1-5 iterations were mostly needed to find a complete
dependency set.

Just to be clear here, we are talking about BuildRequires of packages,
not end-user TeX compilation here.

If end-user utilization is needed then feel free to use
texlive-collection* or texlive-scheme*. Another least overhead option
is to just install:

texlive-scheme-full

and you needn't to care about any deps at all.

Jindrich

> If it is not easy  (well, why is it difficult?) to make latex launch
> yum to install dependencies, maybe we can ship a script to generate
> the RPM dependencies, similar to yum-builddep.
>
> Orcan
> --

Jindrich Novy <jnovy@xxxxxxxxxx>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/
Kdo víno má a nepije, kdo hrozny má a nejí je, kdo ženu má a nelíbá,
kdo zábavě se vyhýbá, na toho vemte bič a hůl, to není člověk, to je vůl.
--- Jan Werich