Re: drop inheritance at f19 branch point?

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 20:27:55 -0700,
  Orion Poplawski <orion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Doing more than one asks in certain situations sounds bad, but how about:

f<n>: fedpkg build --and-newer

Does:

fedpkg build
loop:
fedpkg switch-branch f<n+1> (or master)
git merge f<n>
git push
fedpkg build
goto loop: unless at master

It could also take --nowait. If there was an error at any point it would abort (assuming git gives some non-zero return codes).

I prefer to do my updates starting at master and working backwards. I am not sure what the split is for this amoung our developers.

It would be nice to have a check that the merges are all fast forwards. If not, I am not sure you want this happening automatically.

This is likely to drag change log entries along that don't apply, that might on rare occasions cause some confusion.