Re: Static Analysis: results of FUDcon Lawrence hackfest

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 10:35:29AM -0500, David Malcolm wrote:
> As Kamil points out elsewhere in this thread, what we need are automated
> tools that can run on code and emit warnings, without needing human
> intervention.

My point was that there are two sorts of analysis.  The kind which is
common to all C programs, eg. ensuring that a program doesn't
double-free memory.  And invariants that apply only to specific
programs, like the libvirt testing that Dan & I did:

This is the point I was trying and obviously failing to make here:

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-December/175324.html

Rich.