Re: GRUB menu hidden by default?

Am 04.01.2013 22:07, schrieb Chris Murphy:

> On Jan 4, 2013, at 1:16 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> unbelieveable how many time and code was spent in the last
>> years to make a shiny boot hide anything from the users
>> because they could look and learn what their systems does
>
> Right. Crazy that hoods and nacelles were ever invented. Everyone should want to drive something like this to the grocery store.
> http://tinyurl.com/a3x7p5y

laughable comparisation

the few seconds a machine boots it has to show what it does
it would even make solve problems easier because if it hangs
you have a chance to see how far boot gone, the typical user
does not know how to disable the fancy stuff, does mostly not
know that he can boot with the previous kernel and if things are
going wrong he even can not go to all your helpful wikis and boards
because if his machine would boot he has no problems

additionally you see problably failing-services and problems
at bot and do yourself a favour try to fix them before they
are growing

but hey, why should we provide default installs wheir users
are learning things about their systems - other OSes does
also hide anything so we too