Re: Where are we going? (Not a rant)

On 12/10/2012 09:40 PM, Casey Dahlin wrote:
On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 04:20:34PM -0500, Przemek Klosowski wrote:
are not worth paying support for.  I suggested to RedHat that they
provide a graceful switch-over to CENTOS in such case: it's possible
manually anyway, so it would be a nice gesture to do it
automatically for customers who let the support expire. As is in our
case, this doesn't even decrease the amount of support we
purchase---it just gives us the flexibility to deploy new systems
all the time.
If CentOS were to take up that effort themselves (largely feasible for them to
do technically) I'm sure Red Hat sales would wink in that direction in cases
when they felt it was in the interest of Red Hat. Enough of that winking and
eventually engineers at Red Hat's end would probably have an incentive to keep
it working.

Which is why I think it would be in every ones best interest if all the RHEL clones ( even oracle ) would unite join our community maintain and support Fedora LTS release instead risk being bitten by any business decision Red Hat either willingly or be forced to make.

JBG