Re: Fedora 18 Beta Go/No-Go Meeting, Thursday, November 22 @ 20:00 UTC (3pm Eastern, 12pm Pacific)

----- Original Message -----
> Kaleb Keithley (kkeithle@xxxxxxxxxx) said:
> > > Friday is a normal work day for most people (although some people
> > > will take it
> > > off to get a longer weekend :))
> >
> > You know it's a Red Hat paid holiday, right?
>
> Sure, but even among those who may have the day off, I suspect
> they're more
> likely be able to make a short meeting on Friday than Thursday.

Well,
what options do we have (and combinations)...

* Use today's blocker bug meeting as a some form of pre-Go/No-Go, so if
anyone is interested in making Go on Thursday, please come. I don't see
invitation now, but 17:00 UTC - a few bugs are waiting for official
blockery ack. But don't expect Go/No-Go today - fedup needs more testing,
test matrices filling etc.

* Move the meeting a few hours back, to avoid conflict with the main
event of the day. -3 hours would mean 12pm Eastern/9am Pacific but as I'm
not familiar with Thanksgivings, not sure it will help. Sorry for that
looks-like-ignorance :(

* Do early Friday one, try to release on Tuesday, if not distributed to
the top mirrors, do official Thursday release. More in case we would be
really sure to be ready for this week - we would see more today. But it
seems a lot of people would be away on Friday too.

F18 release cycle is really crazy, we already did a lot of not very
nice moves to be as flexible as possible (and looking on final blocker
bugs list we will need it).

Jaroslav