Re: raising warning flag on firewalld-default feature

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 01:53:32AM +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> In fact, all system bus services should be configured to defer
> activation to systemd, so that all services regardless how they are
> triggered are executed in the same clean execution environment, and can
> be manipulated with the same commands (systemctl
> stop/kill/restart/mask/...) as any other services.
[...]
> It's really not that hard. I think it's a really good rule to make all
> low-level system daemons work that way, to keep things robust and
> resource usage minimal.

I was looking for resources on systemd and dbus activation. I realized that
the documentation here is very scarce -- there's this tutorial on just dbus
activation <http://raphael.slinckx.net/blog/documents/dbus-tutorial> and our
wiki page <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Systemd#DBus_activation>,
but it seems like it might make a nice "systemd for Developers", if you
feel inspired at any point.

--
Matthew Miller  ☁☁☁  Fedora Cloud Architect  ☁☁☁  <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>