Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 18 Beta Test Compose 8 (TC8) Available Now!

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
> Fesco needs to provide the reasoning behind that decision to me it makes
> no sense since the community surrounding their spins are the once that
> actually decide what goes on them since they are the once doing their
> own leg work...

Their reasoning was simply that "nobody uses CDs anymore anyway". :-/ And
unfortunately we can only directly decide what goes into the spin at the
package level, stuff which bloats every package from the inside like
"Mini"DebugInfo cannot reasonably be opted out per spin. So FESCo should
listen to spin maintainers there. Sadly, it didn't. Even when OLPC pointed
out that this "feature" also made THEIR spin oversized and they cannot
simply bump the size target without actually desupporting a large subset of
their hardware, FESCo ignored the objection. Even just one spin
maintainer/SIG vetoing a "feature" should block it, it's just plain
unacceptable that it gets approved over the objections of TWO spins.

        Kevin Kofler