Re: Revamping the non responsive maintainer process

On 11/06/2012 04:32 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
On 11/06/2012 01:07 PM, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
Oh no, you are top posting again ;-)

Could you create fesco ticket for this package? I proposed usage of
the script in Johann's ticket
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/967#comment:7 Imho it might be
better to give acl to more people, then only punish developers.

If that's the plan why not drop the ownership model ( a.k.a dictatorship
model ) all together so everyone can contribute to every package?

If the answer to the above is no we cant/wont do that then we need
proper cleanup process "to punish developer" as you put it failing to
understand that packagers/maintainers aren't' the only one in the
community dealing with packages ( QA,Releng,Infra etc )...

JBG

The "dictatorship" is there to safe us from reckless changes. If Fedora allow everyone to patch everything, then we have to check packagers more thoroughly than give them a few reviews usually of one language.

I safe my comments for tomorrows FESCo because we probably can't reach consensus.

Marcela