Re: Feature template update [was Re: Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule...]

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 7:10 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11/01/2012 06:09 PM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
>> We were thinking with a few folks more about "Self contained feature"
>> but yeah, there's a lack of real definition.
>>
>> Other thing is - these "Self contained features" could be approved
>> implicitly once are announced on devel list (in cooperation with
>> Feature Wrangler). Features that requires integration etc. will be
>> still approved by FESCo, but idea is to offload amount of work from
>> FESCo so they can give more time to track these features. Not to
>> bother with leaf features or enhancements. And as these should be
>> very visible (thanks to announcement) anybody could escalate any
>> feature to the FESCo for discussion/explicit approval.
>>
>> That's the idea, I promised my proposal delivered to FESCo before
>> Beta;-)  But you know, moving target....
>>
>> Any suggestions are welcomed!
>
> Blindly accepting features are unacceptable from QA stand point and arguably
> minor release updates should be kept out of the feature process

An important part of this proposal is to make the mailing list
announcement and time for discussion mandatory; that would actually
significantly increase the visibility of many features.  Also, the
feature would not be accepted "automatically", only "by default" -
anyone, including QA, could move the feature into the "full" process.
    Mirek