Re: Feature template update [was Re: Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule...]

On 11/01/2012 06:09 PM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
We were thinking with a few folks more about "Self contained feature"
but yeah, there's a lack of real definition.

Other thing is - these "Self contained features" could be approved
implicitly once are announced on devel list (in cooperation with
Feature Wrangler). Features that requires integration etc. will be
still approved by FESCo, but idea is to offload amount of work from
FESCo so they can give more time to track these features. Not to
bother with leaf features or enhancements. And as these should be
very visible (thanks to announcement) anybody could escalate any
feature to the FESCo for discussion/explicit approval.

That's the idea, I promised my proposal delivered to FESCo before
Beta;-)  But you know, moving target....

Any suggestions are welcomed!

Blindly accepting features are unacceptable from QA stand point and arguably minor release updates should be kept out of the feature process

JBG