Re: Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule (was Re: f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID))

* "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" [02/11/2012 18:59] :

> If at this point we dont have any process that can actively tell if
> a maintainer is present and active within the project then we have
> bigger fish to fry then the feature process...

This really does not matter. We've had maintainers that were AWOL for years
without this affecting the distribution one bit because their packages were
cared for by co-maintainers and the appropriate SIGs.

If a package is unmaintained, send out a call to co-maintain to devel@ and open
up its ACLs.

> Seriously it should not be anymore complex than monitoring last
> login into the relevant infrastructure pieces to determine if the
> relevant maintainer is active or not.

Flagging maintainers as active/inactive is fun but it doesn't actually
improve the distribution.

Emmanuel