Re: R

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 8:20 AM, Tom Callaway <tcallawa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/22/2012 09:39 PM, Richard Vickery wrote:
> sorry I mistakenly deleted the R discussion from my inbox. Here is what

Based on your errors, I'm wondering if you're using the R packages in
Fedora, or if you've built R from source. I did a fresh install of R:
(yum install R R-java), then ran install.packages("JGR") and it worked
properly. Can you please confirm how you installed R?

The only major difference I can see is that you're on a 32bit system and
I tested on x86_64, but that shouldn't be an issue.

Also, confirming that you have java-1.7.0-openjdk-devel installed would
be helpful. One of your logs showed it failing to compile rJava, and
there is probably useful debugging in the config.log that was generated.

Thanks,

~tom

==
Fedora Project

I did yum install R, and I do have openjdk installed. When 18 comes out - versus alpha, or beta - I might switching to 64 bit, at least for a while, until I find whether I like the trade-off of stability.

To the concern whether this is a users - versus developers - list question, I considered that, but I'm not on the users list, and at the time thought that it might have been served better on this list. If I am on the list, it is very quiet and I thought that to get the best people, the law of averages suggest to post on the group with the most activity; If I am not, I can't remember how to get on the lists. Since you can get what I want in Windows, I thought it might be a developers issue. If you disagree, that is fine. If you don't like the posts and think they belong somewhere else, an / or don't want to help, you don't have to read them. It is possible to delete them, or have the program delete them before you even see them. I don't see what the issue is if you don't want to see them on the list, or if you think the R issue belongs elsewhere.

Thanks for the help Tom,
Richard