Re: systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes

On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 06:14:39PM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> Anaconda isn't going to do that unless there is rpm support to
> re-docify yourself.  To accomplish this right now, every package
> would have to split out a -docs subpackage with all the docs in it.
> Anaconda /might/ do what you want in the future, by way of kickstart
> commands, but that's not something we're going to expose in the UI.

I was hoping that there might be a few packages we could target to split out
the docs from to get us most of the way there, but it really just adds up.
There are a few that might be quick but very small wins, though:

 libxml2 takes up 5.2M, of which 3.8M is docs
 rsyslog takes up 2.5M, of which 1.4M is docs
 pam takes up 3.1M, of which 1.1M is docs

(This is in the F17 EC2 image.... I'll check F18 and Rawhide tomorrow.)

I'll file bugs against these. Much less work than anything else I've seen
here, and gets us something -- particularly libxml2, where it's mostly
developer docs.

--
Matthew Miller  ☁☁☁  Fedora Cloud Architect  ☁☁☁  <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>