Re: systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes

On Tue, 2012-10-09 at 20:57 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On 10/09/2012 08:39 PM, David Malcolm wrote:
> > On Tue, 2012-10-09 at 20:20 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> >> On 10/09/2012 08:15 PM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
<snip>

> >> Yup, another rpm macro configuration item (this is obviously the default):
> >>
> >> #       A colon separated list of desired locales to be installed;
> >> #       "all" means install all locale specific files.
> >> #
> >> %_install_langs all
> >
> > Is this something that Anaconda could change, based on the language
> > settings provided by the user in the UI?  How well do rpm and yum work
> > if you actually change this config?
> >

> Anaconda used to support this, maybe up to RHEL-4 era or thereabouts.
>
> Both rpm and yum work fine with this as such, presto might have to
> revert back to downloading full packages (but I'm not sure about that)

This is correct.  Any time we start installing part of a package rather
than the full rpm, presto won't be able to apply the deltarpm and will
fall back to downloading the full packages.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how many people care about deltarpms for
their containers.

Jonathan