Re: [Feature Suggestion] UsrMove continued

On 10/09/2012 10:13 AM, tim.lauridsen@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I can understand you want to merge dirs there have the same function /bin -> /usr/bin, but this has no benefits at all.

I am not sure if this has no benefits whatsoever, but I do agree that if you want to keep the compatibility (which you IMHO should), you need to keep the symlinks, indeed making the "tidiness" argument invalid. Compatibility between distros is also a big thing for me, because quite often I look for solutions to Fedora problems in Arch or Debian forums, and I do find them.

So +1 to status quo.

TR

--
FAS, IRC nick tradej