Re: abrt server report: 20121004

On 10/04/2012 05:00 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Richard Marko <rmarko@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hot problems:
>>
>> ID         Components                             Count

>> 11834      GConf2                                   199
>>
>> 11523      control-center                           186
> Could we make the referenced ID the RHBZ ID for the crash. It makes it
> more useful for people to cross reference. I have no idea what that ID
> stands for and for example is 11843 a single problem with GConf2 that
> has occurred 199 times or is that all the problems for GConf2 added
> up.

The single problem may have more than one attached bugzilla
which depends on reports clustered to that single problem.

Another issue with using RHBZ ID is that the cluster
of related reports may change over time as we get more reports
which sometimes leads to splitting/merging of different clusters (problems).

So in case of problem ID, ideally, it should represent single issue with
the affected component(s) provided that the clustering algorithm works
correctly.

--
Richard Marko