Re: small tip regarding git branch bash prompt in F18/Rawhide

Todd Zullinger <tmz@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I placed git-prompt.sh in /etc/profile.d where it should be sourced
> for normal login shells.

As I wrote in the update comment, please revert it.  It pollutes the
environment of every user with functions which are probably never be
used.

As these functions are useless without doing further modifications to
~/.bash_profile, it does not matter whether the user sources the script
explicitly and modifies $PS1, or whether he modifies $PS1 only, or
whether a script is sourced which modifies $PS1.

Please move the script to /usr/share/git or to /etc/bash_completion.d
where it can be requested by the user explicitly.

Enrico