Re: small tip regarding git branch bash prompt in F18/Rawhide

> Hey folks - just in case you haven't all figured this out yet, if
> you're using the neat little trick of putting a few lines in your
> ~/.bashrc so that when you're in a directory containing a git repo, the
> prompt will display what branch you're in, it'll stop working when you
> update to the latest git - 1.7.12 - in F18 or Rawhide. To fix it, you
> need to change:
>
> source /etc/bash_completion.d/git
>
> to:
>
> source /usr/share/doc/git-1.7.12/contrib/completion/git-prompt.sh
>
> because upstream split the prompt stuff out from the bash_completion
> script. Perhaps the git packagers could consider providing git-prompt.sh
> in a more permanent location, so we don't have to poke .bashrc every
> time the git version changes? Thanks!

This is actually a packaging violation. %doc files are not allowed to
impact runtime operation. It would be one thing if this was presented as
an example file or template that you were expected to modify and put
into the right location on your own.

Realistically, this belongs in %{_datadir} somewhere, not %{doc}