configuration files created by Anaconda exclusively

Hello list,

I would like to know your opinion on the concept of configuration files
creating exclusively by Anaconda. I will talk about grub (rhbz#830114),
but I mean this in general. I think there are more packages "affected".

I recently switched my BIOS from legacy to EFI mode and therefore needed to
replace grub by grub2-efi. As I do not like garbage in /etc, I removed all
grub configuration files (rpm -qca grub\*) before uninstalling the old
package. Unfortunately /etc/default/grub is just a %shadow file and it is
created by Anaconda during installation. Not by any grub\* package.

That file is essential for generating grub.cfg. So you have to either dive
into documentation and guess what options should be there, or dig into
Anaconda source codes and search for some template.

I think this concept is not ideal. I believe grub should create it's own
configuration file and Anaconda should alter it or append own changes.

I want all packages to provider implicit configuration files which can be used
at least as a template if you delete them (un)intentionally.

Do you have any convincing arguments for/against this idea?

Jan