Re: Debugging Fedora UEFI boot problems on Intel DQ77MK

On 07/26/2012 02:36 PM, Przemek Klosowski wrote:
On 07/26/2012 06:32 AM, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

I have a new Intel DQ77MK motherboard, based on the Intel Q77 chipset.
CPU is Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770.
I'm running the latest BIOS version (0048), and UEFI boot is enabled in the BIOS.

I take it that this one doesn't have the secure boot yet? The secure UEFI boot
is almost certainly not the cause here---AFAIK there aren't any publicly
available secure UEFI implementations yet, and your board seemed to execute the
bootloader just fine and got bogged down during the kernel startup.

If secure boot was the issue, it would fail to boot because the bootloader is
not yet signed. BTW, is the behavior in such case prescribed by the secure UEFI
spec? Can the system lock up black or does it have to print a message and return
to UEFI prompt?

There's no mandated UI, no. In this case grub would fail to run, so we can be
sure that's not what's going on.

--
        Peter