Re: packaging puppet modules

2012/6/27 Ken Dreyer <ktdreyer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
I was looking briefly into packaging some Puppet modules, and I was
curious if anyone else has gone down this road.
[...]
Does anyone have suggestions for package naming conventions? It looks
like the upstream modules include the creators' names as part of the
package names, which strikes me as a little verbose from the
perspective of Fedora packaging.

I don't think that it make much sense to pack the modules as RPMs. Under normal circumstances they must be customized in several different locations and would only produce a lot of *.rpmnew files after upgrades without proper function test possibilities. The more common way is to organize the modules in a VCS.

Kind regards, Thomas
--
Linux ... enjoy the ride!