Re: *countable infinities only

On 06/25/2012 11:25 AM, Gregory Maxwell wrote:

This seems a bit incongruent with many of the claims made here about
the degree of participation with cryptographic lockdown required and
the importance of it.

I think we've made it fairly clear that we don't believe their interpretation
is correct.  This shouldn't surprise anybody.

I feel like the entire discussion has been a bit unfair where people
were repeatedly challenged to offer alternatives when things claimed
to be impossible based on NDAed discussions are, apparently, actually
possible and the remaining weak alternatives were discarded as not
being usable enough.

I feel like this is quite patronizing.  We've stated time and again that we
don't believe the scenario you're preaching has any real /viability/, and
so we've chosen not to propose it.  There's no secret here - it's possible
to do, but we don't think it'd last very long before our keys are blacklisted
and we're back to a state where Fedora isn't bootable by default on new
hardware.

This is still completely congruous with what we've been saying all along.

--
        Peter