Re: [HEADS-UP] Rawhide: /tmp is now on tmpfs

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 12:09:48 -0400,
  DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Additionally, it's been turned on in rawhide.

Rawhide nightlies have been failing, though, so how do we test this?

Run rawhide. You can do this by installing F17 and yum upgrading to rawhide.
There is an issue with dracut not working with device-mapper-multipath installed. And there is a plymouth issue breaking mounting encrypted devices other than the root file system during boot. You can work around it manually fixing things up after every reboot, but it's a bit of a pain.

I had been testing /tmp on tmpfs, but turned it off because it was hiding /tmp where httpd had dumped a lot of core files which I was having trouble removing. There is probably some tricky way to bind mount / and get at that directory, but it was simpler to turn it off and reboot. I haven't turned it back on yet, because I was worried about httpd regularly filling /tmp up, but the problems seems to have stopped now.