Re: Introduction regarding VirtualGL and bumblebee review requests

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 3:10 AM, Simone Caronni <negativo17@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There's a total different approach slated for inclusion into newer
xorg versions by Dave Airlie:

http://airlied.livejournal.com/#item76078

That's something that relies on deep changes in the xorg stack.
It allows card switching, GPU offload, GPU hotswitching etc. All is
controlled by xrandr to do the proper adjustments.
In my opinion that's a much better solution than Bumblebee and it's
going to be integrated by Fedora as part of new xorg components.

Regards,
--Simone

Yes.  Dave Airlie's Prime is scheduled for inclusion in 1.14 which will be out some time in 2013. It will likely never be backported to RHEL 6. I disagree about its usefulness in fedora but will remove my review requests if that is the majority opinion. Then I will just run a private repo myself just for myself. I'll also let the bumbleee folks fedora is a no go if that is the opinion of most developers.

Thanks,