Re: Replacing grubby with grub2-mkconfig in kernel install process

I like the idea like debian does update-grub2 it looks like grub2-mkconfig its the same thing probably we can switch or remove grubby and just use grub2-mkconfig its a little bit confusing had both

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 7:12 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ben Rosser wrote:
> It seems to me that we should make the boot menu more consistent somehow.
> I feel like the simplest solution is just to run grub2-mkconfig at every
> kernel update, and stop using grubby for this.

If we do this, can we PLEASE drop the braindead Fedora patch which changes
"GNU/Linux" to just "Linux"? "Fedora GNU/Linux, with Linux 3.…" makes sense,
"Fedora Linux, with Linux 3.…" (which Fedora's grub2-mkconfig generates
right now) does not, it looks very confusing.

Linux is just the kernel.